Seminar hosted for service members considering retirement[MIGRATE]
By Public Affairs Office
| May 28, 2013
Marine Corps Community Services and Marine and Family Programs are scheduled to sponsor a pre-retirement seminar at the Transition Readiness Classroom of the Stars and Stripes Bowling Center, bldg. 1339, here from June 10 – 14.
The seminar will be held for service members who are considering retirement within the next two years.
Marine Corps Community Services has aligned the pre-retirement seminar with the following Department of Defense Transition Goals, Plans, Success program requirements:
• Mandatory Pre-separation Counseling (DD Form 2648)
• Mandatory Veterans Affairs benefits brief
• Department of Labor employment workshop
• Transition Goals, Plans, Success overview
• Military Occupational Specialty crosswalk
• Financial planning
• Individual Transition Plan
During the seminar military and civilian speakers will discuss military health plans, disbursing and travel, survivors benefits plans, household effects and transition, and psychological factors of retirement.
The class will satisfy the mandatory requirement for Transition Goals, Plans, Success program completion for prospective retiree’s that are one year or less from retirement.
The seminar will also include information about electronic access to benefits, how to draft a resume, how to develop an Individual Transition Plan, and participants will receive a skills gap analysis. Spouses are encouraged to attend.
The seminar will also be held on the following dates and times:
• August 12 - 16, 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• October 21 - 25, 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• December 9 - 13, 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
For more information about the seminar and to make reservations to attend contact Walter Valentine at 760-725-6207.