Official/No Fee Passport Application Procedures
PASSPORT PROCESSING – NO APPOINTMENTS NEEDED!
Tuesday 0900 / 1400
Thursday 0900 / 1400
*Please ensure you have in hand the completed documents from the Passport Checklist
*For UNIT processing e-mail email@example.com
Turnaround time for passports is 6-8 weeks. Turnaround time for Visas is 3-4 weeks.
• DS 11 or DS 82 Application
• DD 1056
• 2 2x2 Pictures
• Birth Verification
• Official Funded Orders or Waiver Letter from Special Issuance Authority
• Copy of Sponsor Military ID Card (back and front)
• Step 1: Go to www.travel.state.gov to complete and print out DS 11( if utilizing a Birth Certificate) or DS 82 (if utilizing another Passport) Form must be completed on the website and include bar code.
• Step 2: DD-1056, signed in BLUE ink by the Authorizing Official (DD 1056 is valid for 30 days from the AO signature. MUST have a destination that requires a passport (See “Foreign Clearance Guide” https://www.fcg.pentagon.mil/fcg.cfm ). Block 13 Destination must match orders and application.
• Step 3: (2) 2x2 Passport Photos (White background, no eye glasses, appropriate shirt. Pictures can be taken at Base Combat Camera with providing a DD 1056).
• Step 4: Certified Birth Verification (Birth certificate, Naturalization certificate, Consular report of birth abroad or Current Passport (only if submitting DS 82). (NO ABSTRACT birth certificates or Birth Cards will be accepted).
• Step 4: Official Funded Orders (See https://www.fcg.pentagon.mil/fcg.cfm for country requirements).
If orders are not available an approval letter from Special Issuance Authority (SIA) is needed prior to passport appointment. Contact DMO for waiver request letter.
• Step 5: Copy of Military ID card, back and front (Dependents must also, have a copy of Sponsors ID).
*NOTE: DS 11 or DS 82 MUST reflect the same EXACT information on the DD 1056
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR DEPENDENTS
- Marriage Certificate or Court papers if Legal name change occurred
DEPENDANT CHILDREN PASSPORT
- BOTH PARENTS MUST BE PRESENT if NOT then a Notarized DS 3053 with valid ID or Original Power of Attorney or Supporting Court documents for Sole Legal Custody
- MINORS (under 16yrs) Original Birth Certificate (can be born abroad )