Unit HomeFamilyFamily HousingFrequently Asked Questions
Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton


Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton

"The West Coast's Premier Fleet Marine Force Training Base"

Frequently Asked Questions


Why did the base enter into public private ventures?
The shrinking housing budget coupled with aging housing units and maintenance backlogs made it difficult for the Navy/Marine Corps to provide quality housing to service members. The public private partnership makes it possible for the Navy/Marine Corps to renovate and construct family housing quickly and economically.

Who is going to oversee the partner?
Oversight of the partner will occur on several levels. Naval Facilities, Southwest Division will maintain oversight and adherence to contractual agreements while MCB Camp Pendleton staff will have daily interaction with the PPV partners. The Installation Government Family Housing Office implements the regional program, evaluates housing services and serves as an advocate for military families.

What recourse will military families occupying PPV homes have if the property manager does not respond to service needs or if maintenance is unsatisfactory?

Step 1.   Identify the service issue and contact your Family Housing District Office or maintenance service line:

Family Housing District Offices: (See Family Housing Resolution Process)

Lincoln Military Housing 24 Hr. Service Line: (888) 578-4141, or www.lincolnservicetrack.com

Hunt Military Housing 24 Hr. Service Line: (844) 887-6840, or www.deluzfamilyhousing.com

Step 2.   If the service issue is unresolved or incomplete, contact Family Housing management:

Lincoln Regional Management: (760) 400-8179, 08:00-17:00 Mon-Fri

Hunt Regional Management: (760) 385-4835, 08:00- 17:00 Mon-Fri

Step 3.   If the service issue remains unresolved or you remain unsatisfied with any service, contact the Installation Government Family Housing Office:

Family Housing Liaison: (760) 725-1656, 07:30-17:00 Mon-Fri

Who will enforce the rules under PPV?
Both PPV partners and Naval Facilities, Southwest Division will enforce all rules and regulations.

Why do I have to sign a lease?
The PPV is private housing and a lease is required as is the case when renting in the private sector. Every resident will sign a 6-month lease. Should a member choose not to sign a lease, they give up their right to occupy base housing.

Who will resolve pay issues?
Installation Government Family Housing Office along with the service member's command will assume responsibility to resolve pay account problems. Immediately notify the management team if you have a pay problem related to your Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH).

Will I be paying more for the same size house at a different pay grade/rate?

If both spouses are service members, do they both forfeit their BAH for PPV housing?
No, PPV takes the higher of the two service member's BAH, at the dependent rate.

Where can I get more information about BAH?

What is my responsibility in paying the rent?
When moving into family housing, BAH is not paid to the service member. All increases to BAH are automatic for Marines. Service members of the other branches of the armed forces must inform the housing office of an increase. Under PPV, the service member is responsible for informing the management office of his/her BAH increase either due to regular pay raises or promotions. Failure on the service member's part to advise the management office of the BAH increase will place him/her in noncompliance of the lease agreement and could result in eviction. The lease is written to automatically adjust for increases in BAH without issuance of a new lease.

Will there be increases in rent?
Rent will be tied to the BAH. As the BAH rate adjusts, the rent will also adjust. Adjustments in BAH rates usually occur once a year in January.

If we get immediate orders, can we move out without 30 days' notice?
Yes. The standard military clause permits early exit without penalty.

How is the waiting list process going to work?
You will be put on the appropriate waiting list and a control date will be based on the day Family Housing is in receipt of all qualifying documents.

What happens if my family increases?
You may request an Inter-Community-Transfer (ICT) via your community housing management office. You will be put on a waiting list (without priority) for a larger unit.

Are there special construction requirements for family members with physical disabilities?
The PPV partner complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Ten percent of the new/replacement units will be Handicap Accessible.


Will the tot lots and playgrounds be certified suitable for childcare?

Are there storage areas?
Yes. New units are designed with generous storage space in the garages and closets.


Can we have portable air-conditioned units in-home?

For more information, visit: https://www.pendleton.marines.mil/Family/Family-Housing/Portable-Air-Conditioner-Policy


Is the community center free?

Can we still have day care in the home?
Yes. Standard base provisions for in-home day care apply.

Who would be called for housing maintenance under PPV?
The property manager of PPV housing will be responding to service calls.



Camp Pendleton Family Housing