MCB Camp Pendleton
MCB Pendleton Seal

Anyone, whether uniformed or civilian, who witnesses what he or she believes to be a violation of ethical standards and/or the law, including but not limited to fraud, waste, or abuse of authority, potential leaks of classified information, or potential acts of terrorism, should report such conduct through the chain of command or directly to their respective service Inspector General or directly to the Inspector General of Marine Corps Hotline at (760) 725-5144.



The below listed violations should be reported to the Marine Corps Base Hotline.
• Threats to Homeland Security
• Unauthorized Disclosures (Leaks)
• Human Trafficking
• Contract and procurement irregularities: 
    o Cost/labor mischarging 
    o Defective pricing 
    o Defective parts 
    o Bid rigging 
    o Product substitution 
    o Spare parts overpricing
• Bribery and acceptance of gratuities
• Significant cases of mismanagement
• Conflicts of interest
• Travel (TDY/TAD) fraud
• Abuse of authority
• Theft and abuse of Government property
• Military Reprisal (Violations of the Whistleblower Protection Act involving service members)
• Violations of the Whistleblower Protection Act involving Defense contractor employees and non-appropriated fund employees
• Improper referrals of military personnel for mental health evaluations
• Gross waste of funds

DOD appropriated fund employees come under the jurisdiction of the Office of Special Counsel for investigations of violations of the Whistleblower Protection Act.
We recommend that you read the following information about what to include in your complaint before you submit your Hotline complaint:
When calling or sending in a complaint, please be as specific as possible. Your complaint should provide:
• The servicemember's or employee's full name
• rank or pay grade
• duty station
• specifically what wrongdoing you are reporting
• specific dates and times
• specific location where wrongdoing occurred
• how the individual completed the alleged wrongdoing
• why the individual perpetrated the offense
• why you believe the alleged activity was misconduct

Minor incidents of offenses listed above, i.e., minor time and attendance abuse, or misuse of Government vehicles should be reported to your local Inspector General, military investigative service, or military police unit. We encourage you to register complaints and grievances through appropriate management and grievance channels, and submit suggestions for management improvements through the proper DoD Incentive Awards Program. Personnel matters involving requests for individual relief should be handled through the appropriate grievance channels.


Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton