CAMP PENDLETON PERSONAL EFFECTS AND BAGGAGE CENTER
The Personal Effect and Baggage Center is located in Bldg 2263, on the corner of Vandergrift and 9th Street. Our operating hours are from 0730 to 1630.
Lost luggage comes from the local airports, San Diego International Airport, Los Angeles International Airport, Orange County International Airport, and Ontario International Airport. Lost luggage is turned into PE&BC during normal working hours. PE&BC will immediately contact the owner using the tags on the luggage or the Base Locator. The owner is the only one authorized to sign and pick up the luggage, unless he/she authorizes an agent to pick up the luggage for him/her.
TURN-IN OF UA/DESERTER GEAR
PE&BC has been established to perform the functions in connection with recovery, receipt, segregation, shipment, storage, delivery and disposal of personal effects and baggage. At the expiration of 30 days from the first day of absence of a member and provided the member has not returned to military control, the unit will ensure the following actions are accomplished:
• Contact the proper recipient by certified mail. The recipient will be informed that “In accordance with Department of Defense directive 4160.21M and U.S. Code Title 10, in the event that you do not respond within 45 days, all items will be disposed of per Government regulations”, along with the cost of shipping the property. Proof of the contact between the command and the proper recipient will need to be furnished to in order for PE&BC to accept the personal effects.
• Marine must currently be a “deserter” on the unit diary before PE&BC will accept the personal effects.
• Transfer all uniform clothing and personal effects to PE&BC.
• Ensure that a Personal Effects Inventory Form NAVMC 10154 is properly completed, to include name and address of the member’s Next of Kin (NOK).
• PE&BC will contact the proper recipient, or NOK by certified mail. The recipient will be informed that “In accordance with Department of Defense directive 4160.21M and U.S.Code Title 10, in the event that you do not respond within 45 days, all items will be disposed of per Government regulations”, along with the cost of shipping the property.
• If the recipient responds and provides the cost for shipment, the property will be shipped.
• If the recipient does not respond, PE&BC will dispose of all government property through DRMO per MCO 4050.38D. All private property will be disposed of to a legitimate nondenominational charitable organization such as the Navy and Marine Corps Thrift Shop.
BRIG GEAR TURN-IN
The Commanding Officer, per MCO 4050.38D must provide the disposition instructions from the incarcerated member. This may be accomplished in person or via certified mail. The turn-in letter must identify the member’s disposition instructions, person eligible to receive effects with mailing address and contact phone number, and the authorized representative from the unit with name and contact information. Along with the turn-in letter a NAVMC 10154 must be provided for every box. All items must be boxed.
TURN-IN OF OTHER THAN HONORABLE DISCHARGE GEAR
Only military effects, minus CIF gear, will be accepted for OTH turn-ins. The turn-in letter must identify the authorized representative from the unit with name and contact information. Along with the turn-in letter a NAVMC 10154 must be provided for every box.
*All turn-ins will be by appointment only. Appointments are made Monday-Thursday. To schedule an appointment, call 760-725-3519/3090.
STORAGE OF POV FOR UNIT DEPLOYMENT
POV storage is an entitlement for Marines E-5 and below deploying that do NOT receive BAH. The Marine will need Current Registration, Current Proof of Insurance, Valid Driver's License, Military ID, copy of RED report from MOL, and no personal effects in the vehicle. The Marine will show up to PE&BC at either 0800 or 1300, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Tuesday and Thursday is 0800 only. Vehicles will be stored/retrieved at no other time. A tool will be needed to disconnect the battery.
UNIT DEPLOYMENT STORAGE
Unit Deployment storage is an entitlement for Marines E-5 and below living in the barracks NOT receiving BAH. The unit will appoint a Unit Representative to handle all correspondence with PE&BC. The Unit Rep must be a SNCO or above. They will need to contact the PE&BC office for copies of the Pickup Authorization letter, Unit Rep Appointment letter and a copy of the roster. The first two forms require the signature of the Commanding Officer or anyone with By Direction authority. Once these forms have been filled out the Unit Rep will physically bring them in Monday through Friday from 0730-1600 to set up for the Pickup or Delivery of his/her Marines’ Personal Effects.