The Marine Corps objective is to eliminate alcohol abuse. Combating the debilitating threat posed by alcohol abuse and alcohol dependency on Marines, Sailors and mission readiness requires a total commitment from all levels of leadership. Leaders must be alert to characteristics of alcohol abuse and with the symptoms of the disease of alcohol dependency. All leaders must not in any way promote or condone alcohol misuse.
The use of illegal/illicit drugs undermines the effective performance of Marines and Sailors and is contrary to the Marine Corps' mission. Acts of use, possession, trafficking, or distribution of illegal/illicit drugs or drug paraphernalia will not be tolerated. These offenses must be dealt with swiftly and effectively to the fullest extent provided for by law and regulations. Civilians engaging in such acts will be detained and turned over to a local law enforcement agency for prosecution under the applicable criminal statutes.
H&S Bn SACO
Building 13107 Room 110
• Military One Source -
• Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) Substance Abuse Counseling Center - http://www.mccscp.com/sacc/
• Operation Supplement Safety - https://www.opss.org/
• Commanding Officer's Substance Abuse Policy Letter
• SECNAVINST 5300.28E - Military Substance Abuse Prevention and Control
• MCO 5300.17 – Marine Corps Substance Abuse Program
• MCO 1700.22G – Alcoholic Beverage Control in the Marine Corps
• MCO 1900.16 W/ CH 1 – Separation and Retirement Manual