• Federal Regulation on Asbestos Exposure - 29 CFR 1910.1001
• Federal Regulation on Lead Exposure - 29 CFR 1910.1025
• OSHA Fact Sheet on Asbestos
• OSHA Fact Sheet on Lead
What you need to know:
1) All units and Facilities Maintenance aboard the base can be monetarily fined by the Air Pollution Control District for untested building demolition, construction or rehabilitation
2) All units and facilities maintenance need to have buildings tested prior to demolition, construction, or rehabilitation.
3) All personnel working with lead or asbestos need to be appropriately trained and have their training records sent to the Asbestos / Lead Program Manager. (Information Below)
4) Asbestos and Lead are proven carcinogens, and are the cause of multiple types of cancer.
For additional information, please contact Installation Asbestos / Lead Program Manager Mr. Dan Goad @ (760) 763-5324 or send an email to CPEN_SAFE_TRNG@usmc.mil