• Marine Corps Safety Program - MCO 5100.29B
• Marine Corps Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Program Manual - NAVMC 5100.8 Chapter 13 (13008)
What you need to know:
1) Commander needs to assign, in writing the responsibility for execution of the safety program to the deputy commander or executive office (XO).
2) Commander needs to establish a safety office, let by a fully qualified safety officer or civilian manager appointed in writing, and ensure this person is placed at command level.
3) 05 and 06 commanders will appoint a Ground Safety Officer or manager in writing, who shall attend the Ground Safety for Marines (GSM) course within 90 days of appointment.
4) Commander needs to ensure supervisors attend initial and annual safety awareness training provided by the command safety office.
5) Commander needs to publish a safety policy within 30 days of assuming command.
6) All other responsibilities of the Command Safety program can be found in the references above.
CMC Safety Division - https://www.safety.marines.mil/
Naval Safety Center - https://www.public.navy.mil/navsafecen/Pages/index.aspx
OSHA Federal Safety - https://www.osha.gov/
National Institute for Occupation Safety and Health (NIOSH) - https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/index.htm
For additional information, please contact Camilla Llantada @ (760) 763-5328 or Mr. Dale Waldren @ (760) 763-2366. Or send an email to CPEN_SAFE_TRNG@usmc.mil