MCB Camp Pendleton
MCB Pendleton Seal

The Camp Pendleton Visitor Center

Camp Pendleton Visitor Center (Building 20255T) - Temporarily closed until further notice :

Mission essential visitor center services will be provided by base access control at building 41501T, adjacent to the Las Pulgas Gate. Extended wait times may be experienced. 

Hours of operation for Building 41501T:

Monday through Thursday: 6:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Saturday and Sunday: Closed

The Visitor Center is located in Bldg. 20255T, adjacent to the Main Gate near Interstate 5. (See Map) The Center is intended to process visitors who have been pre-sponsored by base personnel.  Those visitors who have not been pre-sponsored should expect long delays or should arrange to have their sponsor meet them at the gate.

Business hours are:

(Mon - Fri). - 7:30am - 3:30pm 


Phone: (760) 763-8435


NOTE: The "Trusted Traveler" program is still in effect.


Main Gate: 24 hours
San Luis Rey: 24 hours     
Del Mar: 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
San Onofre: 24 Hours
Cristianitos: 24 Hours 
Las Pulgas: 24 Hours (Outbound traffic closed Monday - Friday 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.)

Due to these security measures, motorists will experience longer wait times when entering the installation.

All commercial vehicles must enter Camp Pendleton via the Las Pulgas Gate only.

Click here for more information

(DBIDS) Defense Biometric Identification System

DBIDS enables access control procedures to ensure the protection of Active Duty personnel, residents and civilian employees.  DBIDS and access control policies are intended to help Marines accomplish their mission and keep families aboard Camp Pendleton safe, while allowing access to authorized personnel, contractor & vendors and sponsored visitors.

DoD issued ID card holders will automatically be enrolled in DBIDS after their first ID scan upon entering Camp Pendleton. DoD issued ID card holders may also sponsor visitors by using the Sponsored Visitor Request Roster below. 

All unescorted visitors are required to obtain a DBIDS credential/pass in order to gain authorized access to Camp Pendleton. Unescorted visitors must be sponsored or on official business.  Visitors will have their identity proofed & vetted, and be issued an appropriate DBIDS credential/pass at no cost. Visitors must obtain a DBIDS credential/pass at the Camp Pendleton Visitor Center (Bldg. 20255T). Contractors & vendors on official business must obtain a DBIDS credential/pass at Base Access Control (Bldg. 41501T).

Base Access Control is intended to process contractors & vendors who conduct official business aboard Camp Pendleton. The center is located in Bldg. 41501T adjacent to the Las Pulgas gate. (I-5 at Las Pulgas Exit)

(See Map)

Business Hours: 
6am - 4pm Mon-Thur. (Closed Fridays)
Phone: (760) 763-7604/7605

For Contractors & Vendors conducting official business.

Click here for sponsorship information & instructions

Transportation providers

(Taxi, Limousine, Shuttle & App-based Rideshare Services such as Lyft & Uber.)

Click here for access & DBIDS credentialing procedures


Per DoD Memorandum, Department of Defense Civilian Retiree Identification Card Termination, the DoD is no longer issuing civilian retiree identification cards. Already issued cards will expire effective Aug 31, 2023 and will not be reissued. This change only applies to civilians retiring from federal service. NOT service members retiring from military service.  For those civilian retirees pursuing base access you may contact the visitor’s center for the DBIDS process. For more information visit the Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Services website.

For service-connected disabled veterans, Medal of Honor & Purple Heart recipients, former prisoners of war and authorized primary veteran caregivers.

Click here for required documentation & access instructions

(Event Center, Stables, Golf, Paintball & Bowling)

Click here for sponsorship information & instructions

CAC ID holders with a .mil email address are REQUIRED to use this roster to sponsor visitors.

This roster allows the requester to sponsor multiple visitors in a single document.

Click here for Sponsored Visitor Roster & submission instructions


For Sponsoring Volunteers
Requires CAC ID and a .mil email address to sponsor volunteers.

Click here for Sponsored Volunteer Roster & submission instructions


For DoD ID holders
(i.e. Family members & military retirees that do not possess a CAC)

This form only allows the requester to sponsor a single visitor.

Multiple forms must be completed to sponsor more than one visitor.

Click here for Sponsored Visitor Form & submission instructions

Renewal or first- time applications for recreational bicyclists are currently suspended due to the temporary closure of the Camp Pendleton Visitor Center, Building 20255T.

Current bike passes will still be honored, and bikers may still access the base using a valid bike pass or if escorted aboard by an authorized sponsor.

Click here for sponsorship information & instructions

Bike Route Map

Collapse All Expand All
 • Who is allowed aboard Camp Pendleton?


• Department of Defense affiliates and/or their authorized family members who possess a Common Access Card (CAC), DoD Uniformed Services Identification and Privileges Card (USID).
• Persons with U.S. Government issued, DBIDS authenticated, Personal Identity Verification (PIV) credentials and a valid purpose to enter.
• Persons with a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) and a valid Bill of Lading.
• Sponsored visitors and other persons with a Camp Pendleton approved DBIDS pass/credential.

Note: Armed Forces Exchange Services Identification and Privileges Card (DD Form 2574) recipients must obtain a DBIDS Credential.


 • Who is considered a visitor under the Base Access Policy?  


A visitor is a person who does not possess a government issued Common Access Card (CAC), Department of Defense Uniformed Service ID and Privileges Card, or a U.S. Government issued, DBIDS authenticated, Personal Identity Verification (PIV) credential.

Note: Contactors & vendors, MCCS Category C Patrons & Recreational Bicyclists  are specifically addressed in the below sections.


 May I meet my guest at the gate and escort them onto Camp Pendleton?

Yes. Follow the Trusted Traveler procedures outlined below:

The Trusted Traveler procedure allows a uniformed service member or government employee with a valid CAC, a military retiree (with a valid DoD identification CARD), or an adult dependent (with a valid DoD identification card) to present their identification card for verification while simultaneously vouching for any vehicle occupants.

Trusted travelers are also permitted to vouch for the occupants of two additional vehicles in immediate succession.  Members identified as Trusted Travelers are responsible for the actions of all visitors for whom they vouch and must accompany their visitors at all times while aboard MCB CAMPEN.

Adult escorted visitors must be in possession of an acceptable identity source document/credential, such as a government issued photo ID(i.e. Real ID Act compliant [or state approved extension] driver’s license, state identification card, or passport), to establish their identity.

You may also call the Camp Pendleton Visitor Center at (760) 763-8435 for details.



 • What is the Sponsored Visitor Program?

The MCB CAMPEN Sponsored Visitor Program enables authorized sponsors to submit a Sponsored Visitor Request Roster/Form to the Provost Marshal's Office (PMO) and sponsor visitors for up to 60 days.  Unescorted sponsored guests are required to obtain a DBIDS pass/credential from the Visitor Center. 

• Sponsoring a visitor using a DoD CAC & .mil email
• Sponsoring a
visitor by dropping off required forms at Visitor Center.  Must provide DoD Issued ID to verify sponsorship.

 • Will the access policy changes impact Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton?

Personnel authorized to use Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton will not be impacted by the changes. Contact the Visitor Center or the Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton with additional questions.

 • What do I need for my vehicle to access base?


All vehicles are subject to installation rules and regulations. Visitors must provide current liability insurance, current registration and proof of a valid Real ID Act compliant [or state approved extension] driver’s license.

Note: Per MCO 5530.13 , identification cards marked not valid for federal purposes, federal limits may apply, or any other similar language may not be accepted by DoD for the purpose of unescorted access (i.e. to obtain a Visitor Pass or DBIDS Credential).

 • What are the access procedures for command guests (i.e. teachers, volunteers, non-federal entities, etc...)?


Command guests, teachers, volunteers, members of non-federal entities, and non-DoD Base residents will be issued a DBIDS visitor pass/credential as determined by their access requirements and sponsor. Command guests are authorized to participate in the specific Base activity for which they were sponsored.  This process is coordinated by the Visitor Center.



 • What might keep a visitor from getting on base?

• Visitors may be denied access to MCB CAMPEN if they meet one of the following disqualifying factors:
(1) Any current arrest, charge or conviction within the past 10 years of homicide; rape; armed robbery; registered sex offender; adult sexual assault; child sexual assault; child pornography; felony drug possession; felony larceny/theft; human trafficking; arson; extortion; immigration violation. 
(2) Is not a U.S. citizen and is illegally present in the United States or whose U.S. citizenship, immigration status, or social security number cannot be verified.  Engaged in actions or activities designed to overthrow the U.S. Government or State Government by force.
(3) Identification in the Known Terrorist Screening database; known (documented) gang member; known supremacist or extremist.
(4) Outstanding arrest warrant or felony conviction within the past 10 years. 
(5) Military personnel discharged with a bad conduct or dishonorable discharge; persons currently debarred from any military installation.
(6) Provides fraudulent information on the application.
(7) Has exhibited characteristics, traits or other indications that cause concern for the health, safety or welfare of personnel and/or residents aboard MCB CamPen; or that cause concern for the physical security or environment of MCB CamPen.
(8) Per MCO 5530.13 identification cards marked not valid for federal purposes, federal limits may apply, or any other similar language may not be accepted by DoD for the purpose of unescorted access (i.e. to obtain a Visitor Pass or DBIDS Credential).








 • Who can I contact if I have more questions?


The point of contact for questions related to visitors and the Sponsored Visitor Program is:
Visitor Center
Bldg 20255T
(760) 763-8435
Business Hours: 0730-1530 Mon-Fri
The point of contact for contractors/vendors is:
Base Access Control
Bldg. 41501T
(760) 763-7604/7605
Business Hours: 0600-1600 Mon-Thur. (closed Fridays)

 • My access to the base was denied. Can I submit an appeal to request a reconsideration of this decision?


• Visitors denied installation access by virtue of criminal history may appeal in writing to the Command Inspector, Box 555010, Marine Corps Installations West - Marine Corps Base, Camp Pendleton, CA 92055-5010.  There is no time limit to appeal.

Visitors denied installation access will not be provided a copy of the adverse information used in the access control decision, but can be provided with the agency name that provided the adverse information.

Visitors who are subsequently detained or investigated for offenses describe in MCIWEST-MCB CAMPENO 5000.2 or whose conduct causes concern for the physical security or environment of MCB CAMPEN will have their DBIDS credential terminated, DBIDS Visitor pass confiscated and installation access denied.

Note: All individuals pending an appeal will be denied access to MCB Camp Pendleton until the appeal has been decided.

 • Access information for other Marine Corps Installations.

• MCAS Miramar - (858) 577-1428
• MCRD SD - (619) 524-6448
• MCAGCC 29 Palms - (760) 830-6794
• MCLB Barstow - (760) 577-6600
• MWTC Bridgeport - (760) 590-3015

 • What is the process for sponsoring a foreign visitor?

Command security managers and other who act as a sponsor shall refer all requests for entrance from representatives of a foreign government, foreign military service, or foreign private interest, whether U.S. citizen or not, to the Provost Marshal.  Non-U.S. citizens who are not permanent residents of the U.S. may NOT be processed via the Sponsored Visitor Program.  They are not eligible for unescorted access and must be escorted in person by a DoD affiliate.

Copy And Paste AtHoc Link Address: 

The AtHoc button requires a government computer and a government Common Access Card (CAC) to enter site.