For scheduling of ranges and facilities you must contact the Training Support Division Reference Desk at 760-725-4444
Or email : MCB_CAMPEN_TSD_REF_DESK@NMCI.USMC.MIL
The Supporting Arms Virtual Trainer advances the training capability, operational readiness, and tactical proficiency of USMC Joint Terminal Attack Controllers (JTAC), Forward Observers (FO), and Forward Air Controllers (FAC). This virtual simulator provides personnel with training scenarios that require the placement of tactical ordnance on selected targets using Joint Close Air Support (JCAS) procedures and observed fire procedures. These scenarios allow for practical application of Naval Surface Fire Support (NSFS), artillery and mortar fire, neutralization, suppression, illumination, interdiction, and harassment fire missions.
With recent USMC doctrine changes, Joint JTAC memorandum agreement, and certification by Joint Forces Command (JFCOM) of the Navy's MSAT/SAVT, simulation events can replace approximately 66% of USMC live fire Training and Readiness (T&R) and Joint Service currency training requirements.
• Normal hours of Operation are 0730-1630, Monday–Friday
• Weekend training requires special exception from Branch Manager
• No more than 24 personnel per day
• Units desiring to conduct night operations must supply the Night Vision Goggles
• Tailored and Standard
• Units will coordinate Tailored Events with SAVT personnel no later than 5 days prior to training
• Units will schedule Standard Events no later than 1230 on the previous day
• Prior training (ISMT, CAST, CCS, etc.) highly recommended
SAVT Office: (760) 763-8311