Marine Corps Installations West-Marine Corps Base
Camp Pendleton (MCI WEST - MCB CPEN)
Labor Management Forum
The mission of the MCI West – MCB CPEN Labor Management Forum (LMF) is to improve the delivery of government services by improving employee morale, creating a collaborative labor relations climate, and enhance mission accomplishment by working with labor organizations certified to represent employees of the installation. The MCI West – MCB CPEN LMF was established in accordance with Executive Order 13522, Creating Labor-Management Forums to Improve Delivery of Government Services.
Before proposing to union representatives a management-developed solution to a workplace challenge or problem so that labor may engage in bargaining, management will utilize the Forum to discuss labor workplace challenges and problems to endeavor in developing solutions jointly.
MCI West – MCB CPEN leadership and local labor organizations have jointly developed a Charter that governs the operation of the MCI West – MCB CPEN LMF.
What Does Your LMF Have To Offer?
The LMF allows parties to work collaboratively to deliver the highest quality services to our uniformed members and the general public.
The LMF complements the existing collective bargaining process.
It offers management an opportunity to discuss workplace challenges and problems with labor and jointly devise solutions rather than adhering to the traditional bargaining procedures.
It offers union representatives an opportunity to have pre-decisional involvement in all workplace matters, without regard to whether subjects are negotiable under the Statute;
Expeditiously provide union with adequate information on such matters where not prohibited by law
Make good-faith attempt to resolve issues concerning proposed changes to conditions of employment, including 7106(b)(1) subjects, in LMFs;
Evaluate and document in consultation with union changes in employee satisfaction, manager satisfaction, and organizational performance.
- January 16, 2014, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- March 6, 2013, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- May 9, 2012, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- April 10, 2012, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- March 20, 2012, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- February 28, 2012, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- January 17, 2012, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- November 1, 2011, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- September 13, 2011, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- July 14, 2011, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- June 14, 2011, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- May 18, 2011, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- April 21, 2011, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- March 15, 2011, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- February 15, 2011, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- January 11, 2011, Meeting Minutes (PDF)
The Executive Order requires the work of all LMFs be measured to determine the impact on employee morale, labor relations, and mission accomplishment.
- Metrics adopted by the USMC Labor Management Forum for all forums established within the Marine Corps
- 2010 Metrics Scores
- Example of a completed Metrics Reporting Template
The following links are about the training that helped in the establishment and operation of LMFs under the Executive Order.
Please direct any questions to Terry Hoeft at Email or (760) 725-3729.