USERS SHALL REPORT ALL SUSPICIOUS EMAILS
(see Instructions below)
DO NOT FORWARD THE EMAIL OR SEND TO ANY OTHER ADDRESS!!!
Be Cautious; malicious cyber actors continue to improve their tactics, techniques, and procedures. If you receive suspicious emails do NOT interact with them. If utilizing your Marine Corps account, report them as an email attachment to email@example.com. Phishing attempts appear in various forms of communication; such as emails, phone calls, social media, messaging services, etc.; all in an attempt to trick you into providing personal identifiable information (PII). Phishing email attempts regularly utilize subjects and email addresses that appear to be legit. Look for a valid digital signing certificate to verify the identity of the sender.
Please review and follow procedures for reporting suspicious emails:
1. Select the message from the Inbox reading view. NOTE: Do not open the message.
2. Right click on Email, then select Copy
3. Open a new Email message.
4. Right-click in the blank content area, then select Paste from the dialog box or press (Control & V).
5. Type SPAM or PHISHING in the Subject line.
6. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or your local Information Awareness (IA) Officer, S-6, or Marine Corps Service Desk.