Security Emergency Services Battalion
MCB Camp Pendleton

Police Records

Bldg 1523

0730-1530 - (Mon - Fri)

(760) 725-0819


NOTE: The following services and activities are suspended until further notice:

Non-mission essential, non-criminal fingerprinting


In-person local records checks and checking in/out

Authorized command representatives will submit the NAVMC10482 (local records check) to:

Any command representatives should call (760) 725-0819 and have service members required to check-in or check-out with PMO conduct the check-in or check-out over the phone and verify the completion of the process with police records personnel.

Individuals requesting a military police report are limited to reports requested for the purpose of adjudicating a claim (e.g. traffic collisions) and should call (760) 725-0819. Authorized requestors will be provided submission instructions.


Q.  How do Command representatives get the Blotter, Police Reports, and other information from the Provost Marshal's Office (PMO)?
A. Our goal is to provide Commanders and the staff of installation activities with sufficiently detailed and timely information about incidents that occur on Camp Pendleton.  Additionally, to inform them of other law enforcement contacts and the obligations resulting from those contacts that pertains to their members.  This alleviates the problems associated with Commands not being fully informed and offered the opportunity to be involved in the process.  To achieve this goal and maintain a manageable system, PMO distributions are offered to five (5) recipients in each battalion sized organization and larger.  Similar arrangements are made for other activities that have a need for PMO distributions.  Selection of the recipients is at the discretion of the organization.  We also allow each organization to designate five (5) additional persons who are authorized to receive on/off base police reports and conduct Local Records Checks for official command purposes.  The PMO will only release information to these ten (10) authorized representatives.

To inquire about your Command’s Authorization List, please call (760) 725-6605 or email:


Q. What do I need to do to register a weapon aboard Camp Pendleton?

To comply with the registration requirements in MCO 5580.2B for privately owned weapons that will be stored in unit armories, on 10 Jun 2024, PMO will require personnel to provide authorization for armory storage on unit letterhead from the Commanding Officer.

The letter must contain:

Registrant:  Rank, Last Name, First Name, EDIPI

Weapon:  Make, Model, Serial Number

Armory: Building Number


A. MCIWEST-MCB CAMPENO 5000.2 establishes the requirement to register privately owned weapons. Weapons must be registered within 72 hours of introduction to Camp Pendleton for storage and deregistered within 72 hours of sale or permanent removal from Camp Pendleton.  Weapons that are not stored on Camp Pendleton are not registered.

If you have a Dealer’s Receipt of Sale, you are not required to present the weapon for inspection unless the weapon maybe considered an Assault Weapon in California.  Otherwise, bring the weapon to the Police Records section in Bldg 1523 and be sure to clear the weapon in the clearing barrel before bringing it inside the building.  Most registrations are entered as you wait, however, if our computer systems are down, you may be asked to complete a Weapons Registration Form.

The following weapons may be registered aboard the base ONLY if they are currently registered with the California Department of Justice.
Assault Weapons
.50 Caliber BMG
California Department of Justice registration is required BEFORE bringing the weapon to California.
Effective 01 January 2017, the definition of an Assault Weapon in Penal Code Section 30515 will be changed in part from having the capacity to accept a detachable magazine to not having a fixed magazine.

California Senate Bill 880 defines the meaning of "fixed magazine" to mean an ammunition feeding device contained in, or permanently attached to, a firearm in such a manner that the device cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action.  This new legislation closes the "bullet button" loop hole and categorizes "bullet button" firearms as assault weapons.

• Refer to California Senate Bill 880 for details.

Note that SB 880 also requires that any person who, from 01 January 2001, to 31 December 2016, inclusive, lawfully possessed an assault weapon that does not have a fixed magazine, as defined, and including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with the use of a tool, register the firearm with the Department of Justice before 01 January 2018.

Additional information is also available at:

There is a California DOJ provision for Military personnel to apply for a Military Assault Weapon Permit.  Refer to the below file for details on how to apply.

How to Apply for a California DOJ Military Assault Weapons Permit


For additional information and to request an application, call the Bureau of Firearms at the California Department of Justice at (916) 227-7527.

Q. What do I need to do to receive a Local Records Check?
A. Come to the Police Records section in Bldg 1523 and show a picture ID such as a CAC, Driver’s License, Passport or other form of government issued identification.


Q. What do I need to do to request a Military Police Report that I was involved in?
A.  If you need the report for the purpose of the adjudication a claim (i.e. traffic collision), you can submit an Individual Report Request.  Request the report as soon as you know you need it, there is no need to wait to request the report.  Processing may take 7-10 days or longer depending on the circumstances and severity of the incident.  The form is available at Police Records, Bldg 1523, 0730-1530 Mon-Fri or on-line at DLA Document Services (Navy Forms Online).

Search by “Form Number” and look for form: MCIWEST-MCB CAMPEN SCTYBN 5800/9


Requests for Incident Complaint Reports for purposes other than the adjudication of a claim (i.e. involving crimes) must be made to the FOIA Coordinator at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton.  

Please see the link for additional information:


Q. What do I need to do to file a Traffic Violation Report (TVR) to report another person’s driving behavior?
A.  The Traffic Violation Report is only for moving violations that occur on Camp Pendleton.

Do NOT attempt to stop the alleged violator.  The PMO will research and fill in the missing information.  All complaints are taken seriously and are fully investigated by the PMO.  You will need to complete a TVR and indicate that you are willing to appear in Traffic Court if the violator pleads not guilty to the violation you have reported. 

The form is also available on DLA Document Services (Navy Forms Online).

Search by “Form Number” and look for form: MCIWEST-MCB CAMPEN SCTYBN 5800/8


You can email the form to:

Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton