OSHA 29 CFR 1910.95 – Occupational Noise Exposure
OSHA Resource Page – Occupational Noise Exposure
NAVMC 5100.8 Chapter 13 (13005) – Marine Corps Hearing Protection
MCO 6260.3 – Marine Corps Hearing Conservation Program
MARADMIN 010/12 – MARADMIN Regarding Hearing Conservation and Readiness
What you need to know
1) All military shall be enrolled in their unit’s hearing conservation program.
2) All civilian personnel working in noise hazardous areas are enrolled in the hearing conservation program.
3) Personnel included in the hearing conservation program receive a hearing test, Hearing Protective Device (HPD) fitting, and refresher training during their annual medical evaluation.
4) Contact the Industrial Hygienist to identify and test potential “High Noise” areas. Use Hazardous Noise Warning Decals, NAVMED 6260/2, NSN 0105-GLF-004-7200 (8" X 10.5") and Hazardous Noise Warning Labels, NAVMED 6260/2A, NSN 0105-LF-004-7800 (1" X 1.5") to designate hazardous noise areas and equipment
5) Ensure all personnel that enter or work in designated hazardous noise areas receive training under the Hearing Conservation Program requirements of MCO 6260.1E.
For additional information, please contact
Camilla Llantada @ (760) 763-5328
Mr. Dale Waldren @ (760) 763-2366
Or send an email to CPEN_SAFE_TRNG@usmc.mil